Why should I choose an ENERGY STAR® qualified fixture?
What makes an ENERGY STAR® fixture different from a standard incandescent fixture?
What is a GU-24 based fixture?
Where do I find replacement lamps for my GU-24 fixtures?
What is a hard-wired fixture?
Do I need a special fixture to use LED light bulbs?
Where can I learn more about ENERGY STAR® qualified lighting fixtures?
ENERGY STAR® qualified hard-wired fixtures are tested for quality and performance and save money on energy and bulb replacements.
- They use approximately 25% of the energy used by standard incandescent fixtures.
- Replacing five high-use fixtures with ENERGY STAR qualified models saves up to $70 a year on your electric bill.
- They come standard with a two-year lamp warranty and a three-year ballast warranty.
- You can find a wide range of styles to fit any decor or location inside and outside your home, including fixtures for the front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, and bathroom vanity
- While most ENERGY STAR qualified fixtures currently use compact fluorescent bulbs, more and more LED models are becoming available. back to top
ENERGY STAR hard-wired fixtures are designed to use energy efficiently. Most come equipped with a lamp or bulb already installed, generally a compact fluorescent bulb or LEDs with a twist-and-lock GU-24 base. back to top
Hard-wired fixtures are permanently connected to an electrical source, as opposed to portable fixtures like lamps, which are plugged into wall outlets. back to top
A GU-24 based fixture uses bulbs that have a base with two pins that twist and lock into place for quick and easy installation. Most ENERGY STAR fixtures are designed to use GU-24 based bulbs and do not accept standard screw-in bulbs. back to top
Many LED light bulbs are designed for use in standard incandescent light fixtures, while some have pin bases that fit into GU-24 fixtures. Other fixtures, including ENERGY STAR models, are complete lighting systems that consist of a fixture with a permanent LED light source. To ensure top performance and quality, choose LED light bulbs and fixtures with the ENERGY STAR label. back to top